Policies and terms and conditions
Competition terms and conditions
My Prudential RideLondon 2020
Terms & Conditions
The prize draw opens at 00:01 BST on 16.07.20 and closes at 23:59 BST on 16.08.20.
The prize draw is only open to UK entrants.
Any entries received from outside of the UK are not valid for the prize draw but may still receive email marketing communications.
The company has the right to suspend or close entries at any time without notice.
Please read the Terms & Conditions before submitting your entry:
A total of 25 prizes will be given away to 25 randomly selected winners. Prizes will be randomly allocated and will consist of the following. Prizes are limited to one prize per winner.
- 1 x Brompton Bicycle (RRP £1,045)
- 1 x SRAM Force eTap AXS groupset (RRP £2,165)
- 1 x set of Zipp 303 S wheels (RRP £985)
- 1 x HIGH5 nutrition bundle (RRP £250)
- 1 x annual insurance policy from Yellow Jersey (for a bike valued up to £5,000)
- 20 x Prudential RideLondon backpacks
Entrants must opt in to enter the competition as part of their registration for My Prudential RideLondon. When registering they must tick the box to enter the competition and provide the following details: Name and email address. They must complete their registration for My Prudential RideLondon along with selecting to opt in to the competition, in order to successfully enter the competition.
Only one entry per person is permitted. All valid entries will be entered into a
The winners will be chosen at random within five days of the competition close date.
The prizes have no cash alternative and the prizes are non-transferable. The winners will be notified via email and will have seven days to respond to claim their prize. If there is no contact from the winner, a new winner will be chosen at random.
The prizes will be posted/emailed to the winners within 12 weeks of the
competition closing. Entrants must be 18 years old or over.
Should you opt-in for communications when entering this competition, you allow London Marathon Events Limited, HIGH5, SRAM, Yellow Jersey and Brompton to contact you and use your details for marketing purposes.
Before the competition close date if you would like to opt out of the competition please submit your request here: https://myridelondon.co.uk/index/contact-us
For Brompton: The bike will be delivered up to 12 weeks after the competition end date. The spec is a M3L in Racing Green – specifications of the bike is set but there is a choice between telescopic or standard seat post.
The full HIGH5 bundle includes:
1x Slow Release energy Drink Blackcurrant – 1kg bag
1x Slow Release energy Drink Lemon – 1kg bag
1x Energy Gel with Slow Release Carbs Blackcurrant – 14 gels
1x Energy Gel with Slow Release Carbs Orange – 14 gels
1x Slow Release Energy Bar Blueberry & Raspberry – 16 bars
1x Slow Release Energy Bar Apricot – 16 bars
1x Recovery Drink Chocolate – 1.6kg
1x Recovery Bar Banana & Vanilla – 25 bars
4x HIGH5 750ml bottle
2x HIGH5 500ml bottle
- These rules (“Competition Rules”) specified by London Marathon Events Ltd (the “Company”) apply to any competition (“Competition”) which is run by or on behalf of the Company. By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of the Company which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition rules. The Company also reserves the right to modify the prize and suspend/close the competition at any time.
- All entries must be received at the place specified during the period in which the Competition is open. Late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. 00:01 BST on 16.07.20 and closes at 23:59 BST on 16.08.20.
- Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via any agency or similar) and are limited to one per person.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The winning entries will be chosen at random and will be notified within five days of the competition close date by email.
- Unless otherwise stated: each Competition is open to all aged 18 years and over. Employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition are not permitted to enter.
- If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to the Company within 28 days. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
- Each prize is limited to one per person. There is a total of 25 prizes to be won, as outlined above.
- Any queries should be sent to [email protected] before an entry is submitted. Once an entry has been made, the entrant is deemed to agree to the Terms & Conditions as specified in this document.
- If you opt into marketing, you are agreeing to receive email marketing communication from London Marathon Events Limited, HIGH5, SRAM, Brompton and Yellow Jersey which you can unsubscribe from at any time.
- By entering the competition, you agree that if you win your name may be publicised.
- Prizes will be dispatched to winners via Parcelforce, UPS, DHL or similar depending on country, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- Should a winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us.
- Our decision as to the winners is final. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, our decision will be binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the competition or the prize.
- We may disqualify you from winning the prize if we have reasonable grounds to suspect you may be in breach of these Terms.
- This Prize Draw is governed by English law, with any disputes subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or at any website, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in the Competition.
- Where referenced “UK” refers to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and specifically includes the Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- Images used alongside the promotion are for guidance purposes and may slightly differ from the actual prizes received.
Promoter’s details: LONDON MARATHON EVENTS LIMITED (company number 0152848) of 190 Great Dover Street, London, England, SE1 4YB.
My Prudential RideLondon 2020
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using this Website
- WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- The Website is operated by London & Surrey Cycling Partnership LLP (“LSCP”). LSCP is registered in England and Wales under company number OC372072 and has its registered office at Marathon House, 190 Great Dover Street, London SE1 4YB.
- THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- 4.1.2.Should you apply to participate in any of LSCP’s events, LSCP’s General Conditions of Entry;
- 4.1.3.Should you enter any of an LSCP competitions, the competition terms and conditions published on the Website which govern the rules relating to that specific competition,
(together, the “Policy Documents”).
- LSCP MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE POLICY DOCUMENTS
- LSCP may amend the Policy Documents from time to time by amending the relevant pages on the Website. Every time you wish to use the Website, please check the Policy Documents to terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- LSCP MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
- LSCP may update and change the Website from time to time for any reason whatsoever. However, please note that any of the content on this Website may be out of date at any given time, and LSCP is under no obligation to update it.
- ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
- The Website is made available free of charge.
- LSCP does not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. LSCP may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of The Website without notice. LSCP will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- WE MAY TRANSFER THIS AGREEMENT TO ANOTHER PERSION
- LSCP may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of LSCP’s security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- LSCP has the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by LSCP, at any time, if in LSCP’s reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of the Policy Documents.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify LSCP.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 10.1.LSCP is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- 10.2.You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Website.
- 10.3.You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- 10.4.LSCP’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website must always be acknowledged.
- 10.5.You must not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from LSCP or its licensors.
- NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- 11.1.The content on the Website is provided for general information only.
It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Website.
- 11.2.Although LSCP makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website, LSCP makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
- 12.1.Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- 12.2.LSCP has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY LSCP
- 13.1.The Website, amongst other things, may contain information and materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including but not limited to discussion forums, bulletin board services, chat areas and/or other message or communication facilities (collectively, the “Communities”). This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by LSCP. The views expressed by other users on the Website do not represent LSCP’s views or values.
- 13.2.If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact LSCP in accordance with clause 20.
- LIMITATION OF LSCP’S LIABILITY
- 14.1.Nothing in the Policy Documents excludes or limits LSCP’s liability for death or personal injury arising from LSCP’s negligence, or LSCP’s fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- 14.2.To the extent permitted by law, LSCP excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- 14.3.LSCP will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- 14.3.1.use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- 14.3.2.use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
- 14.4.Please note that in particular, LSCP will not be liable for:
- 14.4.1.loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- 14.4.2.business interruption;
- 14.4.3.loss of anticipated savings;
- 14.4.4.loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- 14.4.5.any indirect or consequential loss or damage
- PERMITTED USES
- 15.1.You agree that you are responsible for your own communications and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Communities only to send and receive messages and material that are legal, proper and related to the particular Community. By way of example, you agree that when using a Community, you will not:
- 15.1.1.defame, abuse, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- 15.1.2.publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material or information or views, or any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- 15.1.3.impersonate another person or entity; or
- 15.1.4.restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website.
- NO OBLIGATION TO MONITOR
- 16.1.LSCP does not control or endorse information posted in the Communities, and LSCP has no obligation to monitor the Communities. Any reliance on material posted in the Communities will be at your own risk. LSCP reserves the right at all times to disclose any information necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, police or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, in LSCP’s sole discretion.
- RIGHTS YOU ARE GIVING LSCP TO USE MATERIAL YOU UPLOAD
- 17.1.When you upload or post content to the Website, you grant to LSCP a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence to use such content including, without limitation, in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content served or enhanced by LSCP. You accept and acknowledge that LSCP is permitted to use your uploaded content in perpetuity and any removal of your content from the Website will not affect this right.
- 18.1.You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. LSCP will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and LSCP will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- LINKING TO THE WEBSITE
- 19.1.You may link to the Website’s home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage LSCP’s reputation or take advantage of it.
- 19.2.You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on LSCP’s part where none exists.
- 19.3.You must not establish a link to the Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- 19.4.The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page.
- 20.1.You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold LSCP, its suppliers, and licensors harmless from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against LSCP, its suppliers, or licensors by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against LSCP, its suppliers, or licensors is based on or arises in connection with your use of the Website, any breach by you of any provision of the Policy Documents or a claim that your use of the Website infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party or is libellous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party.
- 20.2.The Online Dispute Resolution website is an official website managed by the European Commission dedicated to helping consumers and traders resolve their disputes out-of-court: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
- WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
- 21.1.If you are a consumer, please note that the Policy Documents, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and LSCP both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- 21.2.If you are a business, the Policy Documents, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You and LSCP both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- CONTACT US
- 22.1.To contact us, please email [email protected]
Thank you for visiting the Website.